It is finally here! The Shell Eco-marathon Americas has returned to the iconic “Motor City” for the mileage challenge – a unique competition to uncover which high school or college student teams can go the furthest on the least amount of energy.
Student teams from all across the Americas, including Metro Detroit teams from the University of Detroit Mercy, University of Michigan Ann Arbor and Roseville High School, push the boundaries of automotive energy efficiency on the road, competing with vehicles they design and build themselves.
The event also features a totally FREE festival of ideas and innovation called "Make the Future Detroit" where you and your family can experience a variety of multi-sensory educational activities including -
- Virtual reality experiences
- Hands-on science experiments
- Live music
- Test drives on an outdoor track featuring the Toyota Prius and Mirai
- Live stage expert segments hosted by radio hosts Alan Taylor and Jeff Allen
- Vehicle displays, including FCA’s Dodge Demon, Pacifica PHEV and the Viper Simulator
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles’ Rooftop Ride & Drives on Friday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Admission is FREE and open to the public.
Parking will be FREE for the first 700 cars to come to Cobo rooftop and mention Shell Eco-marathon on both Saturday and Sunday.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT 11TH ANNUAL SHELL ECO-MARATHON AMERICAS AT DETROIT'S COBO HALL
1 Washington Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226,
Follow FREEISMYLIFE on Facebook