Every time I go to my local library, all the computers are filled and there is a waiting list filled from top to bottom. I know this is mainly due to the fact, with this bad economy, everyone cannot afford to buy a computer nor afford the monthly expense of paying for broadband service in their homes. It is very hard these days to exist without Internet service because most agencies and businesses have moved everything including applying for a job to the Internet.
As I was driving home yesterday, I heard a commerical that said there were programs available where low income families could get affordable Internet service for their homes. So I checked it out and found that Comcast Cable offers a program called "Internet Essentials" that offers low income families broadband Internet service for a low monthly fee and the option to buy a computer for less than $150.
Here are the basics of the Comcast "Internet Essentials" program:
- Broadband Internet Service for only $9.95 per month plus tax
- NO increases
- NO activation fees
- NO equipment rentals
- Option to buy computer for a one time cost of only $149.99 + tax at time of initial enrollment
How to qualifyTo qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your household must meet all these criteria:
- Be located where Comcast offers Internet service (which includes Detroit)
- Have at least one child receiving free school lunches through the National School Lunch Program
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
- Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
How to apply
- Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application
- You will be mailed an application. Complete and return it, along with lunch program documents from your child's school
- You will be notified by mail about the status of your application. Allow 7-10 days for a response.
CLICK HERE MORE INFO ON COMCAST INTERNET ESSENTIALS
Please pass this information on to those who can use it.
Follow FREEISMYLIFE on Facebook